Whatever is your use of twitter (or your non-use) there are at least five steps in the secret life of any twitterer (or non-twitterer).
- You even don't know the service exists.
- By fault of a friend, an article or sin of curiosity, you discover it with puzzlement.
- You hate it and don't understand the point.
- You persevere and become addict /or you still hate it and return to step one until you become addict. Never say never. One day, it will come. You'll remember me ;-)
- You calm down and look for tools to improve your user experience because you now suffer from the FOMO!
Such is (twitter) life.
We, wise and/or addicted twitterers, have waited ages -- you know, on the Internet, 2 years are ages -- for a better email solution and now, tadam, two come along at the same time !
Choice is the worse poison, but it's fun to compete :-)
So, yesterday, I've tested Twimailer and Topify in every way you can use them on twitter.
Here is what you can get with both.
Click on the pic to enlarge if necessary.
Note : Be aware that both services are in an early stage or in beta.
So, all that was there yesterday may have changed today and will probably evolve tomorrow.
Attitude on twitter is also important to me as a user. twimailer is a nice service, but following none of its user is not a good way. Even worse when you don't offer a support address mail or service.
I sent a message just saying I was testing both services and asking followers for help.
So here's my own view about both services: